Are you looking for a new recipe to use your summer zucchini?
This bread is easy to whip up and is on the healthier spectrum of zucchini breads.
The bread is made with whole wheat flour, Greek yogurt, and coconut oil.
There is no butter in this bread! Don’t worry, you won’t miss it.
The coconut oil gives the bread an incredible flavor.
The Chocolate Coconut Zucchini loaf is also super moist thanks to the squash and Greek yogurt which is surprising with how think the batter appears in the mixing bowl.
The shredded coconut compliments the zucchini nicely and adds a little extra coconut goodness to the loaf. We added 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips for an extra tasty treat.
Chocolate Coconut Zucchini Loaf
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini (squeezed and drained in a paper towel)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt at room temperature
- 1 large egg, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, sugars, coconut oil, yogurt, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until moistened. Stir in the shredded coconut.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let zucchini bread cool in pan for 10 minutes. Carefully remove the bread from the pan and cool completely before slicing.
- Add in: For a tasty twist add in 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips.
What is your favorite Zucchini recipe?