There are a ton of recipes out there for lemonade but so many
of them have added sugar which made my teeth ache.
I have the biggest sweet tooth but strawberries are already sweet so adding a cup of sugar into lemonade didn’t sit right.
so we are using honey instead.
Homemade Strawberry Lemonade
1 cup of water
1 pint fresh strawberries
1 cup fresh lemon juice
(this equaled close to 8 of my lemons)
4-6 cups cold water (this will vary depending on your taste)
1. Make a simple syrup by combining the honey with 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and heat until the honey in completely dissolved; swirl the pan occasionally. Let cool.
2. Once the simple syrup has cooled, puree strawberries in a blender with ½ cup water.
3. In a large pitcher, combine strawberry puree, simple syrup and lemon juice. stir to combine.
4. Add 4-6 cups of cold water. The amount of water you use will depend on your taste, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve your perfect sweet/tart balance.
5. Serve over ice. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices.
1 cup lemon juice
4″ strip of lemon zest (just the yellow part)
6 ounces blueberries (use your favorite berry)
4 cups still or sparkling water
Put the sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and blueberries in a blender or food processor. Blitz until the mixture is smooth.
If you want your lemonade to be pulp-free, strain the mixture through a tea strainer, otherwise pour the mixture into a 2-quart pitcher.
Add the water, and stir to combine. Fill the pitcher with ice and serve.
Yield: 4 servings
I might even bake some Strawberry lemonade cupcakes for later on this afternoon
The hardest part is figuring out which recipe to try first!
– Sweet Momma on the run