Are you looking for an quick and easy snack to have for when you are on the go, or for an extra special lunchbox treat? Whipping up these strawberry blueberry fruit leathers takes no time and the oven does the rest! This time of year tends to lean towards craziness until we get our footing back. With the school year just starting to ramp up our calendar is quickly filling up with activities that have my family on the run most days. I love all the activity of fencing class, gymnastics, piano lessons and church programs, sometimes I wonder how I even keep up! It forces me to be a bit more organized, planning meals and making sure I have easy to grab snacks as we run out the door. My first choice is always fresh fruit so making our own fruit leather just makes sense. It requires a bit of time but I assure you it is worth it. By using what’s in season right now, gives the leather an extra big of natural sweetness and its budget friendly too.
Strawberry Blueberry Fruit Leather
- 5 cups strawberries hulled and halved (we mixed in blueberries)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 150-200 degrees- depending on how low your oven can go.
- 2. puree fruit in blender & mix in honey and lemon juice.
- 3. line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 4.Pour berry mixture onto parchment lined pan.
- 5. Put in oven and bake for 4-6 hours until leather peels away easily from the parchment.Using scissors cut into rectangles and roll them up, parchment and all.
- Make sure you don't pour too thin of a layer or you'll have fruit crisps. If you poor it too think it will take a little longer for it to leather.
- Lemon Honey Banana: 1 banana, 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp honey
- Cranberry Orange Banana: 1 banana, 1/2 large orange, 1 tbsp cranberry sauce
- Pineapple Banana Coconut: 1 banana, 1 cup pineapple peices, garnish with shredded coconut
- Banana Apple: 1 banana, 1 apple
- Blueberry Banana: 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 1 tbsp blueberry jam
- Orange Banana Vanilla Yogurt: 1 banana, 1/2 large orange, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
What’s your favourite fruit leather combination?