I have been on a cake recipes hunt spree for a little over a week now. For me, a homemade cake is a real treat and with my oldest having her birthday on Friday I was looking forward to making her a scrumptious birthday cake but, she decided that she didn’t really want a cake this year but wants cupcakes.
Now don’t get me wrong, I love making cupcakes and eating them but my heart skipped a beat when she said she wanted cupcakes…
I enjoy baking but I wanted to try something different and not make the same cupcake that I normally would. These are delightfully delicious cupcake option.
Start out with a soft, crumbly and tantalizing fragrant Red Cream soda cupcake and then finally piped with a cream cheese frosting. These red cream soda cupcakes as so SO easy to make and the outcome?
A really soft, light as air, moist cupcake!
These soda cupcakes are a great treat to make for your special someone or make them just because.
They are just that awesome.
- 1 (12-oz) can Barqs Cream Soda, room temperature
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 8 oz pkg. light cream cheese softened
- 4 tbsp. room temperature unsalted butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350F, line muffin tins with 18 muffin liners and set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, pour the cake mix, pour the soda in slowly to the cake mix.
- Stir together with a whisk until all lumps are gone .
- scoop batter into muffin liners, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool on a cooling rack.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combing cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar and blend together with a mixer until all combined and smooth.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and Enjoy!
- For a lighter twist
- swap out the red cream soda for 7 up and use a strawberry cake mix instead.
- Follow the recipe above but Reduce vanilla to 1/2 tsp.
- add 1/2 tsp. lemon zest & 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice.
- Frost and top with toasted coconut.
Red Cream Soda Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
Seriously these are so SO easy to make and take no time at all.
These cupcakes are going to work out great don’t you think?
What are your favourite cupcakes? I would love to hear what your favourite cupcakes are in the comments below.