Have you ever had monkey bread before? You either (a) have eaten it and love it or (b) have no idea what I’m talking about. I used to fall into the latter category,until yesterday morning so let me share what this delicious recipe is. This sweet, gooey pastry is made from little balls of dough rolled in cinnamon and sugar then baked in a bundt pan. To eat it, you tear the bread piece by piece just like a monkey would. There are tons of recipes out there to make monkey bread from scratch but I chose this recipe because it is super quick and easy. Once you smell the ooey gooey cinnamon sugar bubbling in the oven, you’ll know you made the right decision!
Snag this great recipe for Monkey Bread
Today I am sharing this great recipe I found because if your anything like me you scribble recipes down on random pieces of paper tucked in books that you are never ever going to find when you need them or you have random screen shots cluttering up your smartphone storage space.
Here are some other great breakfast ideas if your stumped for ideas.
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands homestyle biscuits
- 1 Cup tightly packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup butter, melted
- 1. Preheat the oven to 325F. Lightly grease 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- 2. Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a large Ziploc bag.
- 3. Cut each biscuit into quarters (you will end up with a total of 16 biscuits) Place them in the bag and shake to coat.
- 4. Arrange the biscuit pieces in the pan. Mix the butter and brown sugar, then pour it over the top of the biscuits.
- 5. Bake 30-35 Minutes until golden brown. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then flip the pan over onto a serving plate. Pull apart to serve!
- * add 1/2 cup of raisins, pecans and apple slices make a great add in.