For a tasty green treat to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, try this delicious Pot O’Gold sundae recipe
I’ve never really been one for celebrating St. Patrick’s Day. As a kid I have never had very many green clothes. I mean, I’m sure I had green clothes somewhere but they always seemed to magically disappear come March 17 and I spent the entire day trying to avoid being pinched by everyone! In college the day just became an excuse to drink green beer and run around sporting a “Kiss me I’m Irish shirt”. Oh come on.. you can’t tell me that you didn’t do the same thing!
Now that I am older, St. Patrick’s Day is well, just an excuse to consume empty calories in the forms of ice cream and cake. (Thank you very much!) This clever St. Patricks Day Pot O’Gold sundae doesn’t have any cake but it’s dipped with green chocolate and sprinkled with crushed oreo crumbs all combined into a single, perfect spoonful that is sure to bring out the Irish in you!
- * ½ cup Wilton Bright Green Candy Melts
- * 1 Banana
- * 4 Oreo Cookies
- * 1 cup Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- * Wilton Gold Sugar Sprinkles
- * Wilton Shamrock Mix Sugar Sprinkles
- Cut banana into 4 parts (first in half, and then down the middle of each half)& place banana slices in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Melt candy melts in the microwave at 50% for 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% for another 30 seconds. Stir. Heat at 50% in 15 second intervals and stir until completely smooth. Be careful not to over heat.
- Remove Bananas from freezer. Slowly pour green candy melts over each banana slice. Place on a cookie sheet and return to freezer for 15 minutes.
- Remove cream filling from Oreo cookies & crush cookies into fine pieces.
- Add 3 scoops of ice cream to each sundae.
- Top with ground Oreo cookies, gold sugar sprinkles and shamrock sugar sprinkle mix.
- Remove green chocolate covered bananas from freezer. Add 2 slices to each sundae.
- Garnish bananas with more ground Oreo and sugar sprinkles. If desired, add a tiny bit of green candy melts to secure shamrock sugar sprinkle mix to bananas. Serve immediately!
St. Patrick’s Day Pot O’Gold Sundae
Here’s how quick and easy these are to make…
Cut bananas in half and then in half again and place on a tray in freezer for 15 minutes.
Remove bananas from the freezer and carefully cover with Melted green chocolate and return them back to freezer for 15 minutes more.
Crush Oreos and set aside.
Add 3 scoops of your favourite ice cream. Top with ground oreo cookies, gold sugar sprinkles and shamrock sugar sprinkle mix. Garnish with bananas and Enjoy!
No matter how you choose to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, this Pot O’Gold Sundae better make an appearance at some point!