It’s a fact. I love breakfast and sometimes if life is a little crazy we have breakfast for dinner sometimes. It’s a quick and easy meal that allows me to make awesome things my family will love, like this peaches and cream oatmeal. It may only take a few minutes to prepare but that doesn’t take away from the deliciousness of the recipe.
Today we are sharing another one of our favourite family recipes, Peaches & Cream mason jar oatmeal.
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 3 very ripe peaches, sliced and diced small
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- dash cinnamon
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoons ground flax
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 cups milk
- In a small saucepan, heat up coconut oil over medium heat. Add diced peaches and vanilla to the heated pan and begin to sauté until they begin to break down a little and juice out its natural sugars - about 2-3 minutes. Add maple syrup, stir to combine and cook for another minute, remove from heat.
- Divide ¼ cup old fashioned oats, ¼ teaspoon ground flax, ¼ teaspoon chia seeds, ½ cup milk inside 4 glass mason jars.
- Secure lids and shake to combine. Divide cooked peach mixture evenly inside each glass jar.
- Shake to combine and refrigerate overnight.
- If peaches aren't in season frozen are a great substitute.
- We sprinkled 1 tablespoon chopped walnuts.
Check out this delicious recipe for Apple Pie Mason Jar oatmeal.