Fresh, easy, and pretty enough for a party this colourful Waldorf salad tops our list of go-to recipes for a perfect side dish for a fall. With the bounty of crisp apples and crunchy walnuts this in one of our family favourites. It’s crisp & cool which is perfect for a warm fall night. This will become your go-to recipe through out the fall for backyard barbecues, family gatherings or pot lucks with your friends.
Our favourite Waldorf Salad recipe
- 2 cups sliced apples
- 1/4 cup copped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup plain, non-fat greek yogurt
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. honey
- Mix apples, walnuts, pecans , celery and raisins in a serving bowl.
- Mis the yogurt, oil, lemon juice and honey in a small bowl then toss with fruit and nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate for about an hour before serving.
- Serve over a bed of lettuce.
- * mayonnaise can be used as a substitute for greek yogurt.
- Also tasty with a hint of honey.