If you’re looking for that perfect cinnamon roll recipe, you are in luck. Not only are these the fluffiest, softest rolls, but they are the easiest I’ve ever made and they turned out JUST AS DELICIOUS as bakery fresh cinnamon rolls. This, my friends, is my new go-to cinnamon roll recipe.
In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until pea size pieces.
Add the cold buttermilk all at once and mix until dough forms a ball. Let the dough sit.In a separate bowl cream the butter then blend in the cinnamon & sugar.
Roll the dough tightly and cut into 2 1/2″ pieces.
Place in a lightly greased pan and get ready to pop them in the oven.
Bake 18-22 minutes, until golden brown.
While the cinnamon rolls are cooling, whip together the cream cheese drizzle, adding more sugar for a thicker drizzle, or more corn syrup for a lighter drizzle.
I do have to tell you that this cream cheese icing is to die for! I could lick the bowl, it’s that good.
Serve warm for an extra special treat!
No-Rise Cinnamon Rolls …pin now, bake later!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, cold, cut into Tablespoons
- ¾ cup buttermilk, cold
- 2 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup softened margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup softened unsalted butter softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375F
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt.
- Cut in the butter with a pastry blender until pea size pieces.
- Add the cold buttermilk all at once and mix until dough forms a ball.
- Roll dough onto a lightly floured surface, into a large rectangle.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cinnamon filling ingredients.
- Spread evenly overtop of cinnamon bun dough, then roll the shortest ends toward each other.
- Cut the cinnamon bun log into 2-3" pieces and place in a buttered casserole dish.
- Bake 18-22 minutes, until golden brown.
- While the cinnamon buns are cooling, whip together the cream cheese drizzle, adding more sugar for a thicker drizzle, or more corn syrup for a lighter drizzle.
- Want something a little sweeter? Swap out the cinnamon filling for Strawberries!
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 Cup to 3/4 Cup Strawberry Jam
I know you want one….
What is your favourite cinnamon roll recipe?