I have a new obsession to share: Banana oat cookies. I have never had a cookie before that tastes like banana bread AND oats, I’m really quite in love and I think you’re going to love them too. I know there are a lot of people that could use a little help in the mornings so for all of us last minute snoozers out there-you’ve got to check out these relatively healthy breakfast cookies. They’re so simple and delicious and you know you almost always have an overly ripe banana that needs to be used up in something yummy!
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 large bananas mashed
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda and salt.
- set aside
- In a medium bowl cream butter , white sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, mashed bananas and vanilla bean extract mix until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and combine. Do not overmix.
- Scoop dough onto prepared baking sheet, spacing at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake 14-17 minutes, until golden brown.
- Cool for a few minutes then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
Banana Oat Cookies
Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and spoon your dough onto the cookie sheet.
Clean up is a dream when you use parchment paper and you won’t have to scrub down your cookies sheets after. I had “help” so this batch of cookies so they aren’t going to be pretty but, they taste wonderful! I also got suckered into adding some chocolate chips into the dough too so these are really Banana oat chocolate chip Cookies with chocolate chips.