It is almost time to see if that crazy groundhog sees his shadow!
I have gathered up 15 groundhog day activities for kids that y’all will love and have included a tons of free printable’s for the kids to play with as well. Just check out the super cute finger puppets with the adorable buck teeth!
What is Groundhog’s Day? It’s a traditional holiday celebrated on February 2 where According to folklore, if it is cloudy when a he emerges from its burrow on this day, then spring will come early; if it is sunny, then he will supposedly see its shadow and retreat back into its burrow, and the winter weather will persist for six more weeks. I don’t know about you but I am hoping for an early spring!
15 groundhog day activities
- Finger Puppet from Rust and Sunshine
- colouring book from Enchanted homeschooling mom
- Pop-Up Cookies from She Knows
- The Groundhog’s Shadow from While Wearing Heels
- Pancakes from the joys of boys
- Cupcake Liner Craft from I Heart Crafty Things
- Footprint Picture from Tippy-Toe Crafts
- Flip Picture from Almost Unschoolers
- Groundhog Clipart from My Cute Graphics
- Groundhog Craft from Creative Teaching Kimberly
- Board game from lingva kids
- shadow matching from Tot schooling
- Mask from I heart crafty things
- Cupcakes from Bakerella
- I am a groundhog
So what are you hoping for? Will he see his shadow or not?
Maybe celebrating with these groundhog day activities will make it go your way. No?
Well maybe it will make it a bit more fun.