Are you looking for a not-to-sweet, almost-pound-not-quite-coffee cake?
This apple cinnamon loaf is absolutely delicious loaf and takes no time at all to put together.
Moist and wonderfully sweet.
This recipe is a great base for add-in’s such as raisins, cranberries or walnuts but it’s perfectly fine all by itself and goes great with a nice cup of coffee.
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 apple, peeled and chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 350F, prepare 9x5 loaf pan.
- 2. mix brown sugar and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- 3. Beat white sugar and butter until smooth and creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time; add vanilla extract.
- 4. Combine flour and baking powder together in a bowl; stir into creamed butter mixture. Mix milk into batter until smooth. Pour half the batter into the pan, add half the apples and half the brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apple mixture into batter. Pour the reaming batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and brown sugar mixture. Lightly pat apples into batter; swirl brown sugar mixture through apples using a spoon.
- 5. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean!
- Butter can be substituted with unsweetened apple sauce for a lighter option.
This recipe double well so it’s perfect for sharing and for an added touch drizzle melted caramel on the top!