Who say’s your salads have to be green? This easy-to-follow Citrus salad with Honey lime dressing is perfect for a hot summer day. I have to admit although I like to cook, I am mostly too lazy to prepare a hearty salad somedays but this one is so simple to make that it hardly any work at all. Citrus, in all its sweet and sour goodness, is the perfect summer salad mix-in! Just a few slices will wake up your salad and provide a bright burst of colour.
Plus, Do you really want to heat up your kitchen when you could be outside sitting sipping strawberry lemonade ? I didn’t think so.
Here’s how we made our citrus salad.
Combine fruit and red onion in a large shallow bowl & Cover and chill until serving time.
Whisk together olive oil, honey, lime juice and salt until well combine. Taste, adjust seasoning as needed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
Drizzle the honey-lime dressing over the fruit and enjoy!
Pin now… make this delicious citrus salad later!
- 2 pink grapefruit
- 2 navel oranges
- 2 clementines
- 1/4 red onion - diced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Mint to garnish
- Peel citrus, removing as much pith as possible.
- Cut between the membranes to release segments.
- Combine fruit in a large shallow bowl & Cover and chill until serving time.
- Dice red onions and keep wrapped and chilled until serving time (separate from fruit).
- Whisk together olive oil, honey, lime juice and salt until well combine. Taste, adjust seasoning as needed. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
- Right before serving, add the onions to the serving bowl and drizzle the honey-lime dressing over the citrus salad and gently toss.
Is your mouth watering yet? What would you pair this beautiful salad with?
A plate of BBQ chicken or how about some tilapia on the grill?
I would love to hear about it in the comments below.