I ran out of coffee creamer this morning and instead of attempting a naked cup of Joe I decided that I would make a batch of cinnamon streusel coffee creamer. Normally my creamer of choice is vanilla but this morning I wanted to kick it up a notch and try something a little different. This recipe is quick and easy with staple ingredients you can find in your kitchen.
I know I was impressed and I am sure you will be too!
Here’s what you will need to whip up a batch of cinnamon streusel coffee creamer:
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Whisk together milk, cream, maple syrup and cinnamon in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- When the mixture begins to steam, remove from the heat.
- Stir in extracts.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve, pour into a glass bottle and store in the refrigerator.
What’s your favourite coffee creamer?
PS: not really sure why I made this recipe because to be totally honest with you I can’t stand the smell of Almond extract but, I think I found my new favourite coffee creamer!