My husband is the guy who loves nutritional formulas. If you were to open up my pantry you would see tubs of all different shapes and sizes filled with powders promising the sun, moon and the stars. Ok, maybe not but that’s how I looked at all those over sized tubs cluttering up my pantry until I started the 21 day fix. If left to my own devices I would only eat carbs, fresh fruit and dairy which explains why I struggled through the first week as I just wasn’t getting the protein my body needed.
We were given a bag Vanilla shakeology to try during round 1 of our 21 Day Fix Extreme which we adding one scoop to a smoothie after out workouts. I can’t say he’s turned into the Hulk (because that’s not the point, ha!) but I doesn’t mind the taste (always a bonus) and I’m happy knowing this is something (OK I’m sort of making him do something) to help our health. As much as I love salads and steamed veggies, the hubby does not. So, this is a great way to help get those nutrients without much fuss.
Because we are friends and friends share so, here is where we found these 20 Healthy and Delicious Shakeology Recipes…
- Chocolate Banana Protein Mug Cake from kims cravings -This quick and easy chocolate cake recipe will change your life! A few words to sum up the incredible goodness that is the chocolate banana protein mug cake:divinely rich,ooey, gooey wonderfully thick,liquidy split quick,naturally sweet,instant chocolatey yumminess… nuff said!
- Peanut Butter ìChonanaî Superfood Milkshake from the garlic diaries- Now, in my world, there was no possible way to ever create a healthy version of this perfect dessert. I mean…come on…it’s a milkshake. BUT, I’m telling you guys…this healthy milkshake is out of this world.
- Vanilla Dreamsicle from my heavenly recipes- This amazing shake tastes just like a orange dreamsicle but is made healthy for you with shakeology mix.
- Caramel Apple from Magean Blinka – The perfect late night snack when your craving an apple pie blizzard from Dairy Queen.
- Chocolate Shakeology Bars Recipe from fitbabysteps- power-packed with superfoods, so it makes me feel super energized and ready to go get ’em!
- My Go-to Detox Smoothie from kims cravings –veggie-filled, protein-packed and truly the most delicious nutrient-rich smoothie! (vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free)
- Tiramisu Latte from beachbody -“Tiramisu” is the Italian word for “little pick-me-up,” but in dessert form it’s more like something to weigh you down. Try this Tiramisu Latte Smoothie instead!
- Chunky Monkey from kerry Lynn Fitness- Umm hello! Tastes just like your favourite ice cream flavours blended into one. I might just have this one for breakfast 🙂
- Chocolate Bars from the bewitchin kitchen- These Bars are my new favourite snack, and perfect to pack in the kids lunches for school. How can you have just one?
- Green Tea Frapp from clean eats for my sweets- not nearly as sweet as the commercials ones but your taste buds won’t know that! Satisfying and delicious!
- Strawberry Pumpkin Shake from swanky recipes-A healthy and delicious strawberry & pumpkin shake made from frozen fruit, almond milk, pumpkin puree and strawberry powder.
- Vanilla energy bars from shakeology- packed with protein, superfoods, healthy fats, and just the right amount of sweet to help diminish those cravings.
- Brownie Protein Bites from henderson fitness- I love brownies! One bite brownies are my downfall but not anymore!
- Caramel Cocoa Shakeology from Ellis and Page – Satisfy your sweet tooth and get a caffeine pick-me-up with this coffee house-inspired smoothie recipe for Caramel Cocoa Shakeology. It blends the flavours of coffee, caramel, and cocoa with creamy vanilla.
- Mini peanut butter & Chocolate Ice Cream Sandwiches from shakeology- Because if there are two flavours that have to be together in my ice cream sandwich these are it!
- Healthy Chocolate Pie Recipe from shakeology.com –Our favourite chocolate dessert is chocolate pie because–wait we don’t need to explain; it’s CHOCOLATE PIE.
- Lemon Almond Pancakes from Bewitchin Kitchen-I’m a big fan of protein pancakes. Regular pancakes don’t fill me up (I’m an empty pit) so I usually need a little more. This recipe uses oats, Shakeology (or protein powder) and lemon essential oil and it keeps me fuelled for hours.
- Chocolate Carrot cake from Bewitchin kitchen –protein bars are good, but these Carrot Cake homemade protein bars are better! These bars are incredibly moist and absolutely delicious.
- Fudgesicles from the Sweet Spot Blog- replaced the chocolate pudding mix with the same amount of Shakeology powder. They are so yummy after a workout!
- Cinnamon Roll from Kim’s Cravings-This easy cinnamon roll microwave mug cake is the perfect treat when you’re craving a little something sweet. In just over a minute, you can be indulging in a scrumptious moist single-sized cinnamon roll flavoured cake. Just because this cake’s made in the microwave, doesn’t mean it can’t be delicious!
Shakeology is great, but it can be expensive (especially if there are two of you!). You can see a few Shakeology alternatives here.
Does this list inspire you to try any other Shakeology variations? I think using different types of fruits could work. Maybe even swapping out peanut butter for another nut butter would be nice too. We would love to hear about your Shakeology recipe ideas. Please share with us!
Check out my other 21 Day Fix posts: