The weekend is just around the corner which means it’s almost “date night”.
Like many couples, we have found that we are doing a lot of the same things over and over.
Dinner and a movie.
Dinner and A movie with a friend.
Dinner and a movie with two friends.
Time to get out of that rut!
It doesn’t matter what the activity is I just want to have fun with my spouse!
Date nights don’t have to be expensive or fancy.. sometimes a little imagination goes a long way and it’s fun to change things up every now and again. Heck, you can even make a trip to home depo for a sump pump a “date” if you try hard enough. Ok, that might be stretching it a little bit.
Date night is one of those things that we’re fortunate enough to take advantage of on a semi-regular occasion. We’ve got grandparents that are willing to babysit or take the kids for the night on a regular basis – making it that much easier to get and experience everything that out great city has to offer, but we haven’t tried anything new.
We have a case of the ” I don’t know, what do you want to do?” Well, now I do.
Here are 10 fresh new date night ideas:
1. Glow in the dark mini- Golf. A glow-in-the-dark course, blow-up dolls, creepy clowns, and moving pieces added in for good measure—what’s not to like? If you like getting spooked and appreciate the occasional fright, this is the place for you!
2. Get up early and have a weekend brunch somewhere new… I have wanted to check out Dutch delicious Bake Shop
3. Take part in a drop-in climbing adventure at one of the local rock climbing facilities.
4. Visit the gun range. I have never shot an assault rifle or a handgun, but I want too! There are a couple of places here in the city that are perfect for a newbie like me.
5. Break out your inner Picasso! Arrange to attend a Paint nite experience where their artists guide you, step by step, on transforming your blank canvas into a mosaical masterpiece! Ok, maybe not a masterpiece but a darn good painting that you’ll be proud to hang above your mantlepiece! These events are typically two hours long and involve lots of drinking, painting, laughter, and a jolly good time!
6. “9 and dine” Most local golf courses offer 9 holes of golf, practice at the driving range, use of a power cart, and coupon for dinner for 1/2 the price of a regular round of golf. FOUR!!
7. Stargazing is hands down the cheapest, easiest way to spend the evening. Visit amazing space to find out what to look for any night the week Or print off a free star map. Don’t forget a blanket, snacks, and some binoculars if you have them.
8. Grab a cup of your favorite coffee to go and explore the river valley.
9. Try something new together… earlier today I was looking up a beginner paddle board course perfect to get your feet “wet”.
10. Re-create your “first date”.
Now, it’s your turn.
What is your favourite date night idea?
I would love to hear about what you and your special someone do on Date night in the comments below!